Stillwater Equine provides routine eye care for horses in the field and in the clinic.
For complicated cases we have a consultant relationship with Dr. Robert Lorocca, a board certified ophthalmologist who provides ophthalmological care and surgical treatment. Equine ophthalmology patients are scheduled by contacting Dr. Larocca’s office at Animal Eye Specialty Center. The specific location of the appointment will be determined based upon referring veterinarian request, location, and scheduling availability.
Equine surgical services include:
- Surgical treatment of traumatic lesions (eyelid and corneal lacerations)
- Neoplasia (squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma, sarcoids)
- Uveitis (cyclosporine implants)
- Corneal diseases (ulcers, stromal abscesses, neoplasia, corneal grafting)
- Glaucoma (laser surgery)
- Cataracts (cataract surgical removal)